Explorers are encouraged to lead themselves in deciding the programme and direction of the Unit, with support and guidance from leaders. The section also includes the Young Leaders’ Scheme, where young people are able to take on a leadership role in one of the younger sections.
There is wider scope for activities like offshore sailing, campaigning, performing, parascending, mountaineering and expeditions.
Explorer Scouts are encouraged to take part in The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award. More information can be found by clicking here
Young Leaders’ Scheme
The Young Leaders’ Scheme is just one of the exciting programme elements in the Explorer Scout section. All leaders in the Beaver Scout, Cub Scout and Scout Section who are between the ages of 14 and 18 must be members of an Explorer Scout Young Leaders’ Unit. They are Explorer Scouts who choose to devote a large proportion of their time in Scouting to service in another section.
More information on the Young Leaders’ Scheme can be found by clicking here
For more information about joining Explorer Scouts click here
News, Information and Events can be found by clicking the links below.
- 4GangShows4 Action For Children
- WASPS Affiliation
- Young Leader Training Day — Saturday 19th September 2016
- Scout story library
- 2nd Warwick Sea Scouts New Hut Appeal
- Vacancy – County Secretary
- New ACC Explorers
- Potential remembrance trip to the Somme
- ACC International
- Warwickshire Leaders Hillwalking & D of E Supervisors Training Course
- Leaders Celebration Dinner
- County Vacancy
- Explorer event – Young Leader Day 21st November 2015
- Explorer event – Explore 22nd October 2015