Issue number 63 May 2018
County Commissioners Blog
This month the County Commissioner is thinking about Programme . http://www.warwickshirescouts.org.uk/cc-blog-no-19-may-2018/
ACCInternational. Christine McIntosh is taking a short sabbatical from her role as ACCINternational due to ill health. Please contact Nigel Hailey during this period.
Windsor St Georges Day Parade 22nd April 2018
HRH Prince Beatrice of York and Bear Grylls reviewed the parade and celebrate the exceptional personal achievements of some truly outstanding Scouts. Warwickshire was well represented. Here are a few of the attendee’s
Gill Turner, who has been awarded the Silver Wolf. Gill is District Administrator and District Training Adviser, for Stratford Upon Avon District Scouts and County Appointments Advisory Committee Member
Steven Haynes attended to celebrate achieving the Queens Scout Award. Steven, from Nuneaton has recently been appointed as Assistant County Commissioner for Scouts. He has gone through all the sections as a young person. Since becoming an adult leader he has been Assistant Cub Leader, Young Leader Coordinator, and currently hold the role of Scout Leader at 1st Wolvey.
Denise Robbins and Pam & John Hinks attended the day as part of the St George’s Day Parade of Queen’s Scouts at Windsor Castle
The three leaders from 7th Warwick Woodloes Scout Group were invited to the event as they received national Scouting awards.
– Denise Robbins: Silver Acorn
– Pam & John Hinks: Bar to the Silver Acorn
At the event, Pam & John Hinks met Bear Grylls, the Chief Scout who praised them for their long and dedicated service to Scouting.
Andy Kennedy ACC Network, achieved his Queens Scout Award several years ago was part of the Colour Party and carried The King’s Colours for the Day of Celebration, Scouts National Parade at Windsor. Andy said that “Being part of the Windsor Team of 10 was an AMAZING experience and one that I would 100% recommend to others”.
If you’ve achieved your Queen Scout Award and are aged 16-26, you could apply to be Colour Party or Service Planning and Delivery Team at Windsor 2019!
Applications (link below) close 29th June 2018 – if it applies to you then DO IT
Just 17 days to go until #GetInCamp – are you ready?
Here are a few bits of information you might find helpful before and during the event.
1) The final event manual is now out! This document contains lots of useful information including the Arrivals and Departures plan – make sure you give it a read!
2) There is an event phone number which will be live from 17th to the 20th May. The number is 0247 601 2997 – you can call this regarding anything from a quick question to an emergency request for first aid.
3) The team will be releasing information right up to the last minute of the event; the best way to keep up to date is to join our newsletter mailing list, and follow our social media accounts! You can find them here:
We’re working hard to bring you the best event Warwickshire has ever seen! If you have any questions, please contact us by emailing email@example.com
See you in a few weeks… The Get In team